GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Visualization team within GE Healthcare’s Magnetic Resonance division develops state of the art clinical applications and its associated platform components for the MR scanner. As a member of the Magnetic Resonance (MR) modality, the Visualization Software Engineer will collaborate cross-functionally with GRC, ASL and global software teams to develop next generation clinical applications from concept to product for the various GE MRI product lines.
- Work closely with senior members in the team, across functional teams consisting of technical leaders, MR domain experts and other software engineers to develop new clinical applications and its platform components within the scope of visualization sub-system.
- Learn and understand MR visualization applications such as Diffusion, Perfusion, Spectroscopy etc and Image filtering applications.
- Learn MR visualization application development frameworks (such as READYView) and get accustomed to enhancing platform components and develop applications using this framework.
- With the strong knowledge of SDLC, design, implement and test the technical contributions from the team. Develop and integrate applications & software platform components into the system in accordance with the software development policies and procedures.
- Translate high level requirements that demand new capabilities into component-level requirements and take them to implementation through proper design choices.
- Document requirements, design, verification and other key development activities in accordance with established GE Healthcare and local quality processes.
- Perform integration & verification activities at component levels. Document designs and verification activities.
- Brainstorm and come up with the new ideas to design and implement clinical solutions and workflow challenges in the visualization domain.
- Investigate and resolve product complaints reported by customers / field engineers and online center interfacing with customers, MR applications specialists and cross-functional engineering teams.
- Facilitate the use of latest tools, techniques and development environments that enhance team’s productivity.
- Interact with global teams to promote consistency in development practices, tools and methods.
Quality Specific Goals
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Support compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before completing Design Outputs/Program deliverable
- Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related computer field.
- THREE+ Years of experience developing software for complex systems or computerized products.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Core Java and C++ programming in Linux environment.
- Very good understanding of data structures.
- Experience in development of application/platform components using various Design Patterns in Linux platform.
- Very good understanding of Object Oriented Design (OOD) and Programming (OOP) concepts and Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Working knowledge in configuration management tools such as ClearCase, Perforce, Gitswarm, Mercurial software build/release methodologies.
- Experience in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle in an industry environment.
- Demonstrated understanding/experience with the New Product Introduction (NPI) cycle.
- Strong analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication and influencing skills.
- Working experience in scaled agile environment.
- Proven skills in leading innovation from high-level definition and design through incremental evolution strategies.
- Familiarity with industry software development practices, tools and environments including practical usage of Configuration Management systems, Defect Tracking tools and Debuggers.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related computer field.
- Medical Industry experience in the field of Medical Imaging & visualization application development.
- Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues.
- Knowledge of GE Healthcare engineering tools and processes (PRD, QMS).
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently toward timely completion of a variety of assignments.
- Ability to develop unique concepts/solutions for complex products.
- Experience working in a global team environment and a cross-functional product development environment.
- Experience in design and implementation of clinical applications using Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning techniques.
- Experience in Python, Neural networks, docker/containerization.
- Willing to learn new technologies and flexible with roles and responsibilities.
Locations: India; Bengaluru.
Click here to know more
You may be interested
Medical Reviewing Internship in Mumbai at Golden Opportunities Private LimitedCareer biotech - Apr 25, 2018
Job description About Golden Opportunities Private Limited One of the popular recruitment firm in Chennai. We are dealing with PAN India location recruitment working for top MNCs.…