Who we are
Achira Labs (www.achiralabs.com) is a pioneering Bangalore-based company that has developed proprietary lab-on-chip platforms to perform rapid blood tests in near-patient settings. Our vision is to radically alter the paradigm for medical diagnostics in underserved markets through the development and commercialization of disruptive and low-cost technologies. We launched India’s first microfluidics platform ACIX 100 in 2016 and are following this up with multiple new projects on both instrumentation and assay development.
The opening is an incredible opportunity for someone with 5+ years of hardware + embedded systems experience to play an important role in developing diagnostics hardware in an exciting and dynamic start-up environment. The role will involve significant engineering development and interfacing with other members of a highly inter-disciplinary team. The candidate will be accountable for his/her individual timelines, manage a team of 2-3 engineers on instrument development and report to the Head of R&D.
The ideal candidate should be:
- Able to lead, plan and deliver on all electronics development and troubleshooting efforts for different instrument platforms being developed within the company.
- Integrate, troubleshoot and be responsible for all parts of the instrument.
- Manage a complex instrumentation project from concept to prototype to finished product while working with different team members. Be familiar with CE/ISO standards for regulatory approval of instruments and introduce and implement ideas on DFM (Design for Manufacturability) at the right time.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors and suppliers for procuring and testing new components.
- Work directly on different engineering challenges from breadboard level to a finished product as part of the project.
What kind of attributes and skills would be ideal?
- A minimum of 5 years of design experience with medical diagnostic products and knowledge across elements of hardware/ software/ firmware is preferable
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering/ Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Physics/ Mechatronics
- Strong theoretical understanding of analog circuits, digital logics, and communication protocols
- Practical understanding of interfacing different kinds of sensors
- A strong understanding of firmware design and development. This should include testing circuits on a breadboard, familiarity with soldering SMD and through-hole components.
- Prior experience with Embedded C programming and debugging software and hardware
- Experience in designing circuits and layouts in ORCAD/EAGLE up to 4 layers and familiarity with I2C, RS232, SPI (USB) communication protocols
- Prior experience with interfacing peripherals such as keyboard, touch screen, motors and external hardware such as ADC, Digital Pots, sensors using I2C or SPI
- Up-to-date on important trends in this area and able to bring in cutting-edge ideas hot-off-the-press
- Medical Devices
- Project Management
You may be interested
Medical Reviewing Internship in Mumbai at Golden Opportunities Private LimitedCareer biotech - Apr 25, 2018
Job description About Golden Opportunities Private Limited One of the popular recruitment firm in Chennai. We are dealing with PAN India location recruitment working for top MNCs.…