Novo Nordisk is one of the world’s most successful pharmaceutical companies with a great growth potential. Do you want to be part of this?Safety Operations Bangalore is part of Global Safety who has the global responsibility for surveillance of the Safety and Quality of Novo Nordisk clinical development and marketed products. Safety Operations Bangalore is responsible for global handling and reporting of adverse event reports.
Position DescriptionAs a Drug Safety Associate you will be part of a young and dynamic team currently consisting of 72 dedicated employees.Responsibilities includePerform initial evaluation of reported adverse events (serious and non-serious) from all sources.
- Perform case entry and verification of reported non-serious and serious adverse events; enter the reported information in the Novo Nordisk safety database, on the basis of individual case histories, correspondence with affiliates/sites and other departments in headquarters (HQ) and various administrative assignments.
- Ensure accurate and consistent coding of all events for serious and non-serious cases entered in the Argus with the use of MedDRA (Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities).
- Evaluate causality, seriousness and listedness for all cases.
- Ensure that case narrative comprises correct and appropriate safety information.
- Assess the need for follow up information and issue follow up requests for all cases and post queries in EDC and/or to affiliate
- To be responsible for Periodic Safety Update Report (PSUR) clean up and other case clean-up activities.
- Ensure that all tasks are performed in compliance in accordance to GXP requirements.
- Maintain a network of safety contacts within Global Safety (GS) and affiliates.
- Participate in projects in Global Safety or in other parts of the organisation with impact in Global Safety processes.
- Liaise with affiliates and partners for local literature and compliance.
- Liaise with Safety Reporting and IT in all aspects of data retrieval and custom reporting.
- Participate in inspections and audits when required.
- Assist with related administrative and procedural activities as required or requested.
- Independent decisions making regarding evaluating the submission of adverse event reports.
- Ensure compliance with the training plan provided for the role.
- Act as a buddy for colleagues and provide trainings as required
We also expect you to take an active part in the continuous development of the growing department.
You may be interested
Indegene – Associate Manager ForecastingCareer biotech - Feb 23, 2018
Key Responsibilities Managing the forecasting portfolio at Indegene and providing both strategic and operational leadership to the group Building forecasting capabilities and assets within the group and…
Head of Quality & Regulatory Affairs @ Cadila PharmaceuticalsCareer biotech - Feb 23, 2018
Cadila Pharmaceuticals limited Location: Dholka(Ahmedabad district) Designation: Vice-President Quality & Regulatory Affairs Scope of Role: PAN India Desired Experience: Should possess at least 18+ years of overall experience in…